During these times of uncertainty and difficult upheavals, it is difficult not to be anxious and nervous about what the novel coronavirus has brought upon our everyday lives. Concerns about contracting the virus, losing our jobs, educating our children, and providing food and supplies for our families to name a few can be unsettling.
Health Notice Regarding COVID-19, March 2020
To keep everyone safe and minimize the risk of coronavirus transmission, I will not be seeing clients in my office until Shelter-In-Place Orders are lifted. In the meantime, I’ve arranged for psychotherapy sessions via a secure, HIPAA-compliant telemedicine website.
– At your scheduled appointment time, please go to https://doxy.me/maggiepanageas. Please sign in to my private, online waiting room, and I will start the video connection soon.
– You may want to visit the site ahead of time to explore it. After signing in, click on the green square in the bottom left that says “test call” to make sure your computer, tablet, or phone works with the site. I won’t get the test call, but you’ll be able to check that your microphone and camera can connect with the site.
– Please find a private place to participate in our virtual session.
– If I don’t see you in the online waiting room at your scheduled time, I’ll call you so we can figure out together how to make things work. Often the answer is restarting one or both computers. If you are using another platform (e.g., Zoom, Skype) for work or school, you may need to open Doxy on a different browser (e.g., Safari instead of Chrome).
– With young children, it may be more useful to have a video session with one or both parents.
– The site accepts payments via credit card or health savings debit card. You are also welcome to mail me a check if that’s easiest for you.
– To facilitate reimbursement, please contact your insurance company at your earliest convenience and ask for the “CPT code” for online psychotherapy. This may be different for different companies. Please let me know this information before the end of the month.
– If you need to cancel, please try to give me 24 hours notice, but you will not be charged for missed sessions due to illness or other emergencies, even if you give me less than 24 hours notice.
– If you have any questions or concerns, please call me at 908-437-8377.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult and uncertain time.